Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Vocabulary #3

accomplice- a person who helps another commit a crime
I was an accomplice to a store robbery and I got charged with robbery

annihilate- destroy
every time I try annihilate something I fail

arbitrary- based on a random choice over a reason.
I arbitrary a phone even though I had an iPhone for over 5 years

brazen- to be bold without shame
you have to be brazen when doing crazy stuff in front of people

catalyst- an event or person causing a change
my uncle saw a  catalyst and he was a different man

exodus- mass departure of people
there was a exodus after the riot

facilitate- to make something easy
I try to facilitate my sisters homework when she doesn't know how to it

incorrigible- unable to be correct
my grandma always think she is incorrigible

militant- combative in support of a political or social cause
a lot of people are militant for different occasions

morose- in a down mood
my friend was really in a morose

opaque- not transparent
my windows are opaque

paramount- more important than anything else
I feel paramount a lot

prattle- talking meaninglessly
some teachers prattle and prattle on

rebut- to prove evidence false
I like to rebut when I get in trouble for something.
reprimand- lecture
I reprimand when I try and teach someone something

servitude-being a slave
I feel in servitude when I have to do chores

slapdash- done carelessly
I do a lot of thing slapdash when I'm feeling lazy

stagnant- showing no signs of progress
the kids that don't do anything are really stagnant.

succumb- unable to resist
something's I do are really succumbed 

No comments:

Post a Comment